Falls Lorne is located high amongst the ancient trees in the Otway Rainforest. There are a couple of ways to get here but the best is to take the inland route and avoid the busy Great Ocean Road over NYE.
985 Erskine Falls Rd, Lorne VIC
If driving, don't go via the Great Ocean Road – you will face huge delays with holiday-maker traffic. There are also planned road works on Cape Otway Road, so please avoid this area as traffic will be significantly stalled.
The fastest run is to take the inland route via the A1, directions below:
- Start: Melbourne Airport - Departure
- 1. Head north-east on Departure Dr - 500m
- 2. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Melb/State Route 43 & merge onto M2/State Route 43 - 4.7km
- 3. Take the exit onto M80 - 19.5km
- 4. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Princes Freeway/M1/Geelong & merge onto Princes Freeway/M1. Continue to follow M1 - 76.0km
- 5. Continue onto A1 to Winchelsea - 23.5km
- 6. Head west on A1 - 280m
- 7. Take the 1st left onto C151 (signs for Deans Marsh/Lorne/Great Ocean Rd) - 34.7km
- 8. Turn right onto Benwerrin-Mount Sabine Rd - 5.2km
- Finish: Arrive at Benwerrin-Mount Sabine Rd